- All Competitors to have the tips & tails of their ski painted either red, orange , lumo yellow or lumo pink at least 50 cm each end . Please no Branding or names visible on the tips
- No paddler will be allowed on the water without ALL the necessary safety equipment !
- Personal advertising will only be permitted as per the CSA personal advertising rule i.e behind the pedals and provided it does not conflict with the event sponsor or sponsors, in such an event the Race organisers reserve the right to have conflicting branding removed.
- Personal advertising may not clash with the main sponsors, again race organisers reserve the right to remove any branding that may cause conflict with any of the event sponsors.
- All surf skis/paddles must display any sponsor’s logo stickers that are supplied.
- No stickers other than the sponsor stickers will be permitted in the area in front of the pedals to the nose of your ski, this includes personal branding and names.
- Each paddler will wear a PFD (Personal Floatation Device) as approved by Canoeing South Africa and have a leash attaching the paddler to the surf ski, and a working cell phone. We recommend you carry a flare.
- Paddlers must be registered with Canoeing South Africa (CSA) to be eligible to compete in any of the races.
- Paddlers must display correct CSA numbers on surf-ski – any incorrect/incomplete numbers will result in disqualification.
- The number issued by CSA, or the race organizers (for internationals) must be placed at the front on both sides of your surf ski.
- Any competitor who rides the wake of a motorized craft will be disqualified.
- All competitors will be checked in at the start into a demarcated start area. Here their craft and safety equipment will be checked and sent to the start line in respective batches.
- Competitors will be allowed seconds to assist them on the beach. Seconds should take care not to infringe on the rules of the race by assisting competitors in the water.
- Any competitor who receives physical support or assistance or who enters one of the rescue craft, will be disqualified, with the exception of those doing so to repair their craft.
- No paddler under 14 years of age as at 31 December 2017 may enter the race
- No paddler under 16 years of age as at 31 December 2017 , may enter in a single ski.
- The race referee may decide whether a competitor should be prevented from continuing the race at any time. The decision of the race referee is final. NSRI are considered to be referee’s.
- A safety mobile phone number for emergencies, as well as for notifying the race referee of withdrawals will be given at race briefing. The onus is on the competitor to notify the race referee of his/her withdrawal. The costs of any search resulting from a competitor not notifying the organizers of his or her withdrawal will be borne by the competitor.
- The finish will be between two flags on the beach.
- Paddlers must cross the finish line with their craft.
- Double skis – Both competitors must start/ finish with their craft.
- Competitors must finish the race with the craft they started the race in. Paddles may be changed.
- Prize Giving - competitors must be present at prize giving in order to claim their prizes.
- Breach of these advertising/ sponsorship rules may result in the paddler:
- Forfeiting any prize money to which he or she may have been entitled;
- Risk disqualification
Race registration will take place on Friday evening before the race at Fish Hoek Surf Lifesaving Club from 17h00 – 19h00.
No late entries will be accepted after race briefing.
There will be a compulsory race & safety briefing at 19h00 after registration where the final batches will be posted. No batch changes after 19H00.
First batch scheduled for 05h30 , but is subject to change depending on the light, sea and wind conditions.
Starting procedures will be explained at Race registration / race briefing
All paddlers must meet qualifying criteria stipulated by the race organizers.
CSA approved PDFs (personal flotation device), body leashes, operational cell phones with air time, are compulsory There will be no exception to this rule.
NB Any altered (floatation removed) PFD WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION
The race committee reserves the right to change the course, or to change starting times, or to cancel or delay at its discretion a part or the whole race in the interests of safety.
No inflatable lifejackets will be permitted.
QUALIFICATION RACES - Dates to be confirmed